GPS tracking can play a vital role in the security of your vehicle, especially when paired with a car alarm. If your vehicle has an AVS car alarm installed the two work together. When the car alarm is triggered you receive an SMS alert to your mobile phone and email address – the alert even includes the vehicle’s current street address. This is an important feature as it allows you to respond immediately to an alarm event.
AVS GPS Tracking is a web based system which adapts to view on any internet connected device or use the app (free to download for Apple iOS and Android devices).
Real time GPS tracking also stores the history of where the vehicle has been including speed, length of journey and any stops made. This is great for race or project cars to view the trip history for events. It also makes it a popular option for the family car that has multiple drivers.
- Know the real time location and status of your vehicle 24/7
- If the vehicle is moving, see what direction it is heading in and how fast
- Receive an SMS alert to your phone if your AVS alarm is triggered – it includes the vehicle’s current street address with a Google maps link (it doesn’t just show longitude and latitude co-ordinates). Some other brands of car alarms will also be compatible with this feature.
- The AVS GPS Tracking interface shows if your car alarm is armed or disarmed. Some other brands of car alarms will also be compatible.
- Optional engine immobilisation via the interface allows you to safely immobilise the vehicle once it reaches a very low speed
- Use geo-fencing to monitor non-authorised vehicle movement such as your project car moving while it is parked during the week**
- Access from any web enabled device or use the app
- Track most types of vehicles, machines, marine vessels and more
- Accurate vehicle data is provided by frequent GPS fixes based on time interval, direction change and distance travelled
- View all your vehicles on the one map
- User friendly reports (including trip history) can be viewed onscreen, exported or emailed
- Receive alerts for a variety of vehicle events including overspeed
- Pay one low monthly service fee which includes text alerts as well as the the tracker’s data, there are no extra costs*
- AVS Car Security can also help with parking sensors, parking cameras and monitors, car alarms and more
- Suitable for 12-24 volt vehicles – AVS also supplies 24 volt car alarms
- The tracker has an on-board battery so it will continue to operate for a limited time, even if the vehicle battery is disconnected
- AVS is supported by an reseller and service network with installation available New Zealand wide
*SMS alerts are included in the monthly service fee under a Fair Use Policy. **Please note that the geo-fence feature monitors non-regular use of a vehicle. The Fair Use Policy for SMS alerts does not extend to the use of a geo-fence to monitor regular use of your personal vehicle i.e. setting a geo-fence around the garage of the family car or your workplace.