Product warranty terms and conditions:
AVS GPS trackers have a 1-year product warranty when professionally installed by a Import Distributions’ approved reseller or nominated contractor.
Import Distribution Limited (“IDL”) warrants the original consumer purchaser that the product described in their invoice, installed in the original vehicle as stated on this invoice, is free from defects in material and workmanship. Should this product be proven to be defective in materials or workmanship during the term of the warranty, IDL shall replace or repair any product or part of the product which IDL agrees is defective, without charge.
Any damage to the products as a result of misuse, abuse, neglect, accident, incorrect wiring, improper installation, repair or alteration or installation outside IDL’s approved resellers will void warranty.
IDL does not guarantee compatibility with third party alarms. This warranty shall not apply to any equipment or product connected to the IDL product.
This warranty shall not apply to any product which is found to have been modified, repaired or altered in any way without the express written consent of IDL. This warranty shall not apply if any of the Terms of Service have been breached.
This warranty does not constitute a guarantee or insurance against the theft of the vehicle or the contents thereof. Learn more about the Limitations of security systems here.
This warranty does not affect your rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act. All sales are governed by IDL’s Terms and Conditions of Sale.
Additional terms and conditions:
If you have purchased AVS GPS tracker/s from an approved reseller:
- Your AVS reseller will supply an invoice for supply and installation. The product warranty is provided through the reseller by Import Distribution. An installation warranty should be supplied by your reseller, please check with them for details.
- If you believe you have an issue with the product please contact your reseller.
- Warranty on installation or service labour, removal and re-installation charges are not the responsibility of IDL.
If you have purchased AVS GPS tracker/s directly from Import Distribution:
- Import Distribution will supply an invoice for supply and installation. A 1-year installation warranty is provided in addition to the product warranty.
- If you believe you have an issue with the product please call our team on 0800 438 862. During the warranty period, if service is required IDL will organise a contractor technician. If there is no product or installation fault, or the damage does not meet the warranty terms and conditions, a charge will apply.
- If you request removal and re-installation the cost of this is not covered by the installation warranty.
- Outside of the warranty period, installation or service labour, removal and re-installation charges are not the responsibility of IDL.