The Points of Interest (POI) feature lets you easily create named sites for places you regularly visit.
Once you have created a POI, AVS GPS Tracking can report on which of your vehicles entered and left that site during a particular date range.
How to use the POI feature
Here’s a few examples of how clients use this feature:
- A nationwide business uses POIs for the main depot and branches to track fleet movement between these sites
- A construction business sets up a POI for the duration of a build to be able to report on time of site for the teams allocated to that build
- A distribution business uses POIs for key customers to monitor sales reps and delivery call cycles
- Parents set up a POI for the house to monitor what time their daughter returns the family car home in the weekends
How to set up a POI
- Right click on the live map address where you want the POI
- Choose ‘Add POI (here)’
- Name your POI with the site i.e. ‘AVS Car Security’ or ‘Home’
- Make sure the Category drop down is set to ‘Sites’, if not selected ‘New’ and name the category ‘Sites’
- Click ‘Save’
Note: some older versions of the application may not have automatic POI set up activated. If you add a POI but don’t see it on the map give us a call and we’ll sort it out.
Tips for using a POI
- Once named you’ll see the POI labelled on the live map
- When a vehicle is inside a designated site its’ current address will name the POI rather than the address i.e. ‘AVS Car Security’ rather than ’59 Paul Matthews Rd’
- POIs are per account (not per vehicle)
- To run a report showing which of your vehicles entered and left each POI site during a particular date range choose ‘Time on Site (Site)’ from the Reports menu on the main screen
- Access to the POI feature is included in your monthly service fee
- POI can only be added on a PC/Mac (not on the mobile version)
If you would like to know more, or would like some help to set up a POI please give our friendly team a call during business hours on 0800 438 862.