Nearly every GPS customer at some point in time wants to investigate vehicle activity at a particular address.
Area Search is a great investigative tool that can show you which of your vehicles entered and left a designated area during a particular time and date range.
It only takes a second to get the information to show on the live map – this means you can deal with queries from clients immediately while they are on the phone with you.
Some examples of how customers use Area Search include:
- Dispatch looking to see if a courier parcel was dropped off
- Tradespeople using it to quickly work out how long they were on site at a call-out while invoicing
- A landscaper wanting to prove his team were at a new client’s site all day
- Managers checking if any staff vehicles were seen at particular out of bounds addresses
- A person wanted to check what time they left the gym the night before
How to use Area Search
- From the live map click the ? with dotted rectangle icon on the far right of the Google maps toolbar at the top left of the screen.
- Click and draw a square or rectangle over the area on the map you would like to investigate
- The ‘Area Search’ window opens
- Enter the time and date range you would like to search in
- Leave ‘Event Rule’ set at ‘None’ unless you would like to narrow the search by event (such as viewing only those of your vehicles that were speeding in the area)
- Click ‘Search’ – the window will now display the details for each time one of your vehicles entered or left the search area
- You can click ‘Export’ to download the data as .csv file
- Simply click to close the Area Search window when you have finished.
Note: some older versions of the application may not have Area Search activated. If these instructions don’t work for you please give us a call and we’ll sort it out.
The Area Search feature is included as part of your monthly service fee. Please give our team a call on 0800 438 862 for help with using this feature.